Monday, September 6, 2010

Chely Wright Quote

"I felt like there were two Gods: the one they told me about in church that I should fear, and the one that knew my shit, the one that I believe told me not to lie. When I was on my knees and said, 'Tell me what to do', God said, 'Tell the truth.'"

This is a quote from Chely Wright in the May 14, 2010 Entertainment Weekly interview where she's reflecting on her decision to come out about being a lesbian. I think it's inspiring. It's not easy being honest when the truth contradicts what the people around you want for you. It's strange that church is supposed to be a place where you can connect with your God, but it's more often a place where you learn to construct a better facade. Bravo to Chely for choosing to embrace truth.

Take refuge in truth.


Copyright© 2010 by Quandra T. McGrue

No comments:

Post a Comment